The financial services referred to in this financial services guide (FSG) are offered by:
Shortland Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd ABN 85 003 096 302
Level 2, 27 Dane Drive Gosford NSW 2250
(02) 43245244 [email protected]
This FSG sets out the services that we can offer you. It is designed to assist you in deciding whether to use any of those services and contains important information about:
- the services we offer you.
- how we and others are paid.
- any potential conflict of interest we may have.
- our internal and external dispute resolution procedures and how you can access them.
- arrangements we have in place to compensate clients for losses.
LACK OF INDEPENDENCE
Why we are not independent, impartial, or unbiased in relation to the provision of personal advice and the impact of this on you We, Shortland Insurance Brokers Pty Limited, are not independent, impartial, or unbiased pursuant to section 923A of the Corporations Act because:
- We may receive remuneration, commission, gifts or other benefits when we provide personal advice to you in relation to insurance products and other financial products;
- We may have associations or relationships with issuers of insurance products and other financial products.
Further information about these benefits and relationships is set out in this Financial Services Guide. If you have any questions about this information, please ask us.
Further information when personal advice is given
We will provide you with further information whenever we provide you with advice which takes into account your objectives, financial situation and needs. This information may include the advice that we have given you, the basis of the advice and other information on our remuneration and any relevant associations or interests. This information may be contained in a statement of advice (SOA). When you ask us to recommend an insurance policy for you, we will usually only consider the policies offered by the insurers or insurance providers that we deal with regularly. In giving you advice about the costs and terms of recommended polices we have not compared those policies to other policies available, other than from those insurers we deal with regularly.
Product disclosure statement
If we offer to arrange the issue of an insurance policy to you, we will also provide you with, or pass on to you, a product disclosure statement (PDS), unless you already have an up to date PDS. The PDS will contain information about the particular policy which will enable you to make an informed decision about purchasing that policy.